Direct TV Remote Codes
Direct TV remote codes are gaining a lot of attention in today's entertainment industry. Many people from all over the world are looking for Direct TV remote codes to increase the functionality of their remote control devices.
A long time ago, remote controls were not as complex. They had 3 basic functions: channel up (CH+), channel down (CH-), volume up (+), volume down (-) and power on (ON), power off (OFF). Remote controls from our past were simpler in other ways as well, but specifically their programming. The first remote controls were preprogrammed with a single code. So there was nothing for the user to do but point, click, and enjoy.
Today's technology has made remote controls a lot more complex with the introduction of Direct TV universal remote control. Universal remote controls can now be found with digital interfaces and built in LCD screens. They can have a hundred buttons, and gadgets. They are equipped with the ability to control multiple devices. The Direct TV universal remote can controls devices such as your AUX, VCR, DVD, TV, and CABLE. Now users can use such gadgets with more convenience. Playing with your home entertainment equipment has become easier through sophisticated remote controls.
But, there is a down side to this more complex remote control technology. Direct TV remote controls need to be programmed with direct TV remote codes in order to work. And with the hundreds of home entertainment equipment options, come hundreds of remote control codes. Each company such as Sony, RCA, or Bose, preprograms home entertainment equipment with unique codes. This type of programming is done to prevent the mixing of signals with the other companies. As a result, hundreds of remote control codes have been produces to link with the preprogrammed devices. Why should the public be concerned with this? The problem lies in finding the right remote control codes for your devices. As technology changes and new devices are introduced, so are new device codes, and new remote control codes. As one can imagine keeping up with all of these new codes can be a daunting task. That where SatelliteRemoteCodes.com comes in and saves the day! We have all the remote control device codes you'll ever need. We even have all of the Direct TV remote control codes you've been looking for.
How to use Direct TV remote codes
The first thing you will need to do is figure out which device you will want to program.
CABLE/SAT - Receiver or Cable Box
TV - Television
VCR - Videocassette Recorder
AUX - Audio/Auxiliary Port
Next, locate the model and brand (sample of Direct TV models: HD DVR HR21, HD H21, H20, etc. / sample of brand types: Magnavox, Memorex, Mitsubishi, Optimus, Philips.) Print or write down the codes for the desired device. Keep these codes close by while programming your direct TV universal remote control.
Programming TV Codes
1. Power on your TV.
2. Push the MODE toggle to the TV spot.
3. Simultaneously bear down on the MUTE and SELECT buttons until a green light flash two times, then release both buttons.
4. Here is where the Direct TV remote codes you printed earlier will come in handy. Use the numbered buttons on your Direct TV remote control to enter the First 5-digit code on your list. If performed correctly, the green light will flash two times once again.
5. Point the remote at the TV and press the POWER button. The TV should shut off. If it does not shut off, repeat steps 3 & 4, trying each of the remaining codes for that brand and until you find the right one.
6. Once the Direct TV remote code has been entered correctly you will be able to slide the MODE toggle to the DIRECTV position, and still be able to operate your television. If the code has been accepted, when you press the TV POWER button on your remote control the TV should power on.
Programming your other devices is just as simple. Just follow the provided directions and soon your Direct TV remote control will be able to operate all of your entertainment equipment. Thanks to Direct TV remote codes!